Ok so Ezra caught two fall salmon. He felt bad he did not let me reel one in.. He said next time I could. (next time?)
Friday, October 3, 2008
Ezra came to me last sunday and said "Hayley I think I am going to need you to come with me to go fishing, everyone bailed on me." Honesty that is the last thing I wanted to do. I had tons of stuff of to do and really sitting on a boat for 8+ hrs. is really not my thing. But then the thought instantly came to my mind. I remember my dad dragging my mom everywhere to go fishing. I know mom...you would have liked doing a MANY more things. But you did it because you loved dad and you did it because you knew how much he wanted to do it. And you never complained. You were always happy to do it too. So that is what I decided to do. Ezra was so excited that I was going. I know he would never admit that..but he was..even a little giddy. Seeing Ezra so happy made me happy. So thank you mother for teaching me how to take care of my husband and putting his needs before mine. I know my mom probably had many hobbies she wanted to pursue but she always put them on hold for my dad and us. And you know what...she was still HAPPY. Amazing huh.
Ok so Ezra caught two fall salmon. He felt bad he did not let me reel one in.. He said next time I could. (next time?)


Ok so Ezra caught two fall salmon. He felt bad he did not let me reel one in.. He said next time I could. (next time?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Umm Ezra doesn't look like he's alone! Who's the man in red??
J/K!
It's great that you went out there and did that. Men are so fragile, and need to be taken extra care of every now and then.
Speaking of fish, Doug caught his first fish a couple Saturday's ago. No picture (except on a cell phone), but it was big. Not as big as Ezra's, but considering the little pond we were at and Doug's Batman fishing pole, we thought he did pretty good.
okay, okay, you forgot one big tidbit of info! Mom did go with dad a lot, but I went ALL THE TIME! When no one else would go with dad I WENT! Which was all of the time! I went on New Years day!!! A few times I do have to admit there was a few promises made if I went! But glad you went with ezra. When dad and i went with the guide we got sunk! No fish and he guaranteed one!
You are such a good wife!
That is such a great lesson from your mom!! Sometimes a little bit of sacrifice goes a long ways....I'm totally cracking up about Jennilyn's comment!!
What a good wife you are. I was really impressed that you went with him. I want to know when hunting is next? Mom did teach us alot how to take care of our husbands and we even got to practice on dad by getting his food ready, his clothes, looking for his wallet, glasses, his scripturs, his Ensign or whatever else he lost or wasn't at his fingertips. I remeber Brooke saying that our moms really took care of Dads and saying "but they are so happy and they want to do it, how come?" This was before we were married and didn't understand anything. But you are right, mom was very happy and wouldn't do it any other way.
I have had more fun reading this blog and the remarks! I think that Jenny cracks me up and Tricia hit it right on the head!!
Hayley I'm glad you are so good to your Husband. I want to tell you the first thing that came into my head when I saw those pictures of ezra holding those fish was that he puts those hand in peoples mouth!
you are such a good wife, it's too bad our hubbys don't quite make the same sacrifices for us lol! by the way- now you can see my blog yay!
you are such a good wife!! i've had to learn that whole support thing with football season. however, i would have loved to have gone and sat on the boat. soaked up the sun. no kids. ahhh, sounds so fun.
Hayley, you are such a good wife! That was such a sweet story. You do have an amazing mother! I love reading your blog...it cracks me up!
Annie
Hay...you are sooooo right. I think you have made such an amazing point and I often use your Mom as an example of this very thing. And that...is why I have seen many-a-movie at the theatre with Leonard that I have NO interest in!
Post a Comment