Wednesday, February 4, 2009

playing house

I moved my girls into the same room..so therefore I "had" to re-do their room or as ezra likes to call it.."play house". I wanted to do something fresh. The rest of my house I have painted in all different shades of gray...so I really wanted to use bright colors. I think kids rooms are so fun to play with. I also did not want to spend a lot of money and I wanted to use things I already had. because lets face it..why buy your kids really nice stuff.. they are just going to trash it..or you are going to go nuts worrying about it being trashed. right?



Here is what we have done so far...

The dressers were once in our bedroom. I painted them a apple jelly green...I think I picked that color because of its name.


Good Will find! BEFORE PICTURE..I found two matching twin sets..how lucky is that. I just sprayed them with some spray paint...FYI. Sherwin Williams will mix any color swatch and stick it in a aerosol can. Is that not awesome! (but they will only do oil base paint) the color of the head board is called "garden clogs" ok I picked that color because its name too. I just can't help it.



THis is just an cheap ikea frame I sprayed and put fabric in. This is brook's bulletin board. and then for kate I found an old sewing hoop in my mom's house and used that for her bulletin board.


I got sheets at target and made a bed cover or in this a case throw blanket.


Again just some old frames I had in my house. and a magnet board for something.

Next is my bedroom. WE have lived in our house for two years and I have done nothing with our bedroom. Right now I am painting..so we will see.....

13 comments:

Taryn said...

I have already told you this, but I will say it again..SOOOO CUTE!!! You are so crafty and I love your style. It's really shabby chic funky!

And thanks for the william sonoma any color you want in a spray can...you know I love to spray paint!

The Boyos said...

Those are so cute! I love the little pillows on the bed. Did you make those too? SUPER CUTE!! How fun! Thanks for the paint tip...that is a fantastic idea. It makes me want to paint Ella's crib. Are you going to paint the little desk too? That would be so cute!

The Boyos said...

You should copy the pattern from Brooke's fabric onto your little desk somehow. That would be so cute to have that floral pattern blown up on the top or on the front of the drawers! That is such fantastic fabric. I love it!

Alright, I think I am getting to excited about your room. But it is AMAZING! Good job!

Kim said...

Hayley I LOVE your style!!! You are amazing! Great colors very cute... I can't wait to see your room! And holy cow amazing find on those headboards!!! I always go to good will, but I NEVER find good things like that, maybe I just need your eye. I love the frames too.

Cassi @ Stop And Smell The Roses said...

K, I'm hiring you to come to my house and do Haylie's room. I haven't done anything with it yet, and I'm feeling like she's sort of getting jipped. Maybe I need to just look for the "fun names" for paint, and then it will look good. :)

Pam And Scott said...

Mckenzie is going to be really mad at me, thanks Hayley. I've promised her a new room for a year and a half now and it's still not finished. Once I was done with the boys room I hated painting so I just put it off! YOu have given me renewed energy!!

Tricia said...

So cute Hayley! I love it all. You always know how to make things look so cute

Jacob and Shelly said...

I love it, everything looks great! What do your girls think about sharing a room? My boys want to share, but I can't get them to go to bed, they just stay up playing all night. As soon as we move, you'll have to fly out and "play house" here. I could use alot of help with decorating ideas. =)

Nichol said...

Hayley it is so so cute! You are so creative...I need some help with my boys rooms but they are not as fun to do. Love it!

Jen said...

Wow Hay. I LOVE IT! Looks awesome. How did you do the trim for the throw blankets? Looks great! You are so talented

Sarah said...

When I move will you come and decorate my house??????????????? PLLLLLLLLEASE! I will pay for your ticket. hehehe

rosie said...

That is so adorable! I bet your girls are loving it! You are so crafty! LOVE IT!

Katie said...

LOVE IT!!!! would you like to help me with my house?!!